Team List is a plugin that helps you to create a simple team site using your WordPress users with various display options. Either use a block, a shortcode, a template tag or the built-in widget to display blog authors.
After creating similar functionality for a couple of clients, we decided to roll our knowledge into this simple plugin. It’s really straightforward to use:
First of all, the plugin adds a small checkbox to the user profile in WordPress to toggle its visibility in the team list. This means you can decide for every user whether he should show up in the team list or not.
You can then use one of these ways to display the list anywhere on your site.
wp_team_list hook to directly display the users in your theme or plugin.
For example, you can show users of any role ordered by their name:
<?php echo do_action( 'wp_team_list', array( 'role' => 'all', 'orderby' => 'name' ) ); ?>
Note: Team List supports many of the arguments
Use the “Team List” block in the block-based editor to display one or more team lists in any post types. You can select one or more roles and change the order. If you want you can also provide a link to a full team page.
[wp_team_list] shortcode to display a team list in your posts. Supported arguments:
role– Filter users by roles (comma-separated).
allto show users with any role.
include– Filter users with specific IDs (comma-separated).
has_published_posts– Filter users with published posts.
Either a comma-separated list of post types or
trueto filter by all post types.
[wp_team_list role="author" orderby="last_name" order="desc"]
Pro tip: If you use the Shortcake WordPress plugin, you’ll get an inline preview of the shortcode right in the visual editor. You can also add the shortcode with the click of a button.
Want do display the team members in your sidebar? Use the built-in WordPress widget. You can set the role you want, the number of users to show and even link to a separate team page.
這個外掛提供 1 個可供 Gutenberg/區塊編輯器使用的區塊。
- Team List
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Use one of the supported methods (hook, shortcode, or widget) to display a team list.
- Optional: Set the visibility status of your users in their profiles.
How do I contribute to Team List?
Easy! You can report bugs, with reproduction steps, or post patches on GitHub.
What kind of filters / hooks are available?
wp_team_list_user_role– Filter the user role displayed in the team list.
wp_team_list_query_args– Filter the
wp_team_list_template– Change the team list template.
Note: You can also put a
rplus-wp-team-list.phpfile in your theme folder.
wp_team_list_avatar_size– Filter the default avatar size.
wp_team_list_default_classes– Filter default CSS classes.
4.0.0 – 2023-03-27
- Add colors, spacing, and alignment support for team list block.
- Require at least PHP 7.4 and WordPress 6.0.
- Tested compatibility with WordPress 6.2.
- Fix incorrect type registration for block attributes.
- Fix updating the number of users to display in block.
- Fix misalignment of the show all link by providing a block wrapper.
3.0.4 – 2021-08-02
- Tested compatibility with WordPress 5.8
- Fixed missing PHP functions when widget was used with legacy widget in the new WordPress 5.8 widget area.
- Allow transformation from legacy widget to block
For previous updates see CHANGELOG.md.