WP Likes lets visitors “like” your posts on the fly. No logging in!
Easily customizable to be used in various other scenarios.
Shows top liked posts in sidebar widget or on a separate page.
Upload the WP Likes plugin to your blog, Activate it from admin panel and forget it!
If you get errors or it doesnot works, check the wp-likes plugin folder permissions. They should be 755.
Plugin requires php 5.2
Now works with WP Super Cache plugin, check the settings page.
- Is there a sidebar widget ?
Yes! it shows top liked and commented upon posts in your sidebar.
- Does it use jQuery for ajax?
Yes, for now.I will remove this dependency in future.
jQuery if being already called on page is reused, otherwise its fetched from Google AJAX APIs.
- Can I see who likes my post?
Not right now.
- How do I use shortcode?
Create a new page with shortcode like- [wp_likes] [wp_likes show=”monthly”] [wp_likes show=”weekly” count=”10″]
- I have a feature request or its not working on my blog.
Please drop a mail to me[at]aakash[dot]me with blog link.
- Fixed the breaking compatibility with PHP version <5.3, removed array_replace usages.
- Enable/Disable WP likes on specific categories. (check settings page).
- Support for %NUM+1%, %NUM-2% etc in texts.
- Shortcode for displaying top(monthly, weekly) posts on a page.
- Change in behavior- like link always shows now, added- “Be the first to like” text.
- Fixed a bug with custom rendering when calling function in theme template.
- Now fully compatible with Google Analytics Plugin by Yoast.
- Major release. Frontend rewritten, renders in single line now. Will break most of your customizations.
- Much easy to modify & translate plugin to your needs.
- Now compatible with WP super cache plugin.
- Smoother and more stable experience. Bug fixes all around.
- Fixed a bug with XHTML validation and sidebar widget.
- The like count appears in RSS feeds now, fixed an issue with loader and like button also showing up in feeds.
- Comment count of popular posts now shown in sidebar widget!
- More fixes with code not working when php version < 5.3 . Probably an end to call_user_func_array() errors.
- jQuery if not present on page, now doesnot wait for the whole page to load. Instead loads as when required.
- Fixed issues with PHP versions < 5.3 where call_user_func_array() was not accepting static class methods.
- Issue with WP Likes and wordpress 2.8.4 where it was appearing while creating new posts should be fixed.
- New function code to freely render pludgin for better compatibility.
- fixed an issue with text when no likes are there.
- changed function_exists to is_callable in code for manually calling WP likes on a post.
- Major release featuring customizing options under settings, admin dashboard and sidebar widgets.
- Changes to UI on posts.
- Ability to hide plugin on front-page and other pages.
- Fixed issues with plugin and XHTML validation.
- Now on you will see the upgrade details before upgrading.