WP Droid provides an easy to use interface to modify the UI of your Android app built using WP Rest API. This plugin is only for users who purchased WP Droid API Key and works only for the app built using WP Droid template.
Major features of WP Droid include:
- AdMob Integration
- Push Notifications using OneSignal
- Google Analytics Integration
- Bookmark Articles
- Related Posts
- View and Add Comments
- Search Articles
- Fully Customizable Interface
- About Screen Customization
- Invite Friends Text
- Exclude Posts and Categories in App
- Open Article Either in the App or with in-app browser
- 4 Different Layout Styles + Optional Customization
- Share, Report error, Copy to clipboard
- Date Format Customization
- Post Specific Settings
- and lot’s more
If you have any questions about our service or plugin, don’t hesitate to contact us from our official website Geek Dashboard
The quickest method for installing the WP Droid is:
- Visit Plugins -> Add New in the WordPress dashboard.
- Search for
WP Droidwithout quotes in search box.
- Click “Install”.
- Finally click
If you would prefer to do things manually then follow these instructions:
- Extract the dowloaded plugin file.
- Upload the
wp-droidfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- How does this plugin works
We developed this plugin to provide required API for our WP Droid Android Template. You should install this plugin only if you purchase our app template.
- What is WP Droid API Key
When you purchase a license for our template, you will receive WP Droid API unique for your WordPress blog. You need to enter that WP Droid API key in plugin API settings to validate your license.
- What is Package Name
When you purchase a license for our template, you will receive package name unique for your WordPress blog. You need to enter that Package name in plugin API settings to validate your license.
- How do you validate WP Droid API key and Package Name
While generating the .apk file for your website, you will be provided with unique API key and package name for your website. We will validate the license using WP Droid API key, your WordPress blog URL and Package Name.
Your Name and Email Address provided while purchasing our license and your WP Drid API Key, Package Name, Website Address will be stored on our server for validation process.
- Can I use single WP Droid API Key on multiple WordPress blogs
No, one WP Droid API Key is valid only for one WordPress installation.
- Can I use single WP Droid API Key on multiple subdomains or subdirectories
No, you can not. Since subdomains or subdirectories will have separate WordPress installations, you need different WP Droid API keys for each subdomain.
- Do you store any website visitor details on your servers
No, we never collect any information from your website or from your website visitors. Our plugin is just an extension to WordPress Rest API.
- How does Push Notifications works
We use OneSignal for sending Push Notifications from your website to mobile app users. You need to register at OneSignal (Free) and configure the settings. You need to enter the OneSignal APP ID and Rest API key in WP Droid plugin to send the notifications. OneSignal APP ID and Rest API key will be saved only in your WordPress database
- How does Google Analytics works
Once you create an account in Google Analytics, you need to enter your Google Analytics Tracking ID in WP Droid Plugin. You can check your mobile app usage in your Google Analytics dashboard.
- How does AdMob works
You need to just create one Banner Ad unit from your AdMob account and enter it in WP Droid Plugin.
- How to submit my mobile application on Play store
You need to create developer account at https://play.google.com/apps/publish/
to submit your app on Google Play store. If you need help in submitting the application, you can contact us with your developer account details and we’ll do it for you for a nominal fee.
- Where can I read privacy policies of all external services you are using
Here you go!
WP Droid – https://ikvaesolutions.com/wp-droid/
OneSignal – https://onesignal.com/privacy_policy
Google Analytics and AdMob- https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
- What happens if my WP Droid API key is expired
Your app users will can not access your app content or notifications until your renew the license.
- Can I uninstall WP Droid Plugin after configuring it
No, you should never uninstall the WP Droid plugin. If you uninstall the plugin, your mobile will be nonfunctional for all users.
Release Date – 5th May 2019
Fixed: License validation errors
Other: Changed WP Droid menu icon
Release Date – 5th September 2018
First public release. Yeyy!
0.3 – Beta
Release Date – 5th September 2018
0.2 – Beta
Release Date – 4th September 2018
- Initial Beta Release.
Release Date – 31 August 2018
- Initial release.