Adds a “Test Data” link in the admin bar (when viewing any page or post) which opens the current URL in Google’s Structured Data Testing Tool. (You must have the admin bar enabled to see it.)
Introduction to Structured Data
Structured data markup describes things on the web, along with their properties. For example, if your site has recipes, you could use markup to describe properties for each recipe, such as the summary, the URL to a photo for the dish, and its overall rating from users.
When you provide structured data markup for your online content, you make that content eligible to appear in two categories of Google Search features:
- Rich results — Structured data for things like recipes, articles, and videos can appear in Rich Cards, as either a single element or a list of items. Other kinds of structured data can enhance the appearance of your site in Search, such as with Breadcrumbs, or a Sitelinks Search Box.
- Knowledge Graph cards — If you’re the authority for certain content, Google can treat the structured data on your site as factual and import it into the Knowledge Graph, where it can power prominent answers in Search and across Google properties. Knowledge Graph cards appear for authoritative data about organizations, and events. Movie reviews, and movie/music play actions, while based on ranking, can also appear in Knowledge Graph cards once they are reconciled to Knowledge Graph entities.
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Upload the
structured-data-test-buttonfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- I don’t see the test link
It’s only visible when viewing the page as a visitor, not on the back-end/edit side. View your post or page as a visitor.
- I get an error in Chrome about too many redirects
Complain to Google. That’s their fault. Or use another browser.
以下人員參與了開源軟體〈Structured Data Test Button〉的開發相關工作。參與者
- Update to prevent “Abandoned plugin” warning.
- Credits fix
- Intial release