Just like timelines on twitter.com, Simple Twitter Plugin widget are interactive and enable your visitors to reply, Retweet, and favorite Tweets directly from your sidebar. Users can expand Tweets to see Cards inline, as well as Retweet and favorite counts. An integrated Tweet box encourages users to respond or start new conversations, and the option to auto-expand media brings photos front and center.
- Works on major smartphone browsers.
- Interface is adaptive for touch (e.g. actions will always be visible, and spacing adjusted.)
- Graphics optimized for Retina and other high-density displays.
- Uses web intents for interaction, which also are designed adaptively for mobile.
Please visit Plugin Home Page for more info and examples.
Visit our CodeCanyon Portfolio to see more awesome plugins we made.
- Upload simple-twitter-plugin directory to your /wp-content/plugins directory
- Activate plugin in WordPress admin
- In WordPress admin, go to “Widgets”. Drag “STP – Twitter Timeline” into your sidebar.
- Enter your Twitter widget ID. Read this article for more info.
- Select the colors by clicking on the color field and then on the color wheel or type there the color code (e.g. #aabbcc).
- Select “dark” or “light” theme.
- Select if you want to show widget header, footer, scrollbar or border.
- Select if you want widget background to be transparent.
- Set number of tweets to show if you don’t want “load more” feature.
Updated to Twitter API v1.1
Colorpicker changed to Farbtastic.