Ultra minimal plugin to let your users login to WordPress applications using their Google accounts. No more remembering hefty passwords!
Create a project from Google Developers Console if none exists.
Go to Credentials tab, then create credential for OAuth client.
- Application type will be Web Application
YOUR_DOMAIN/wp-login.phpin Authorized redirect URIs
This will give you Client ID and Secret key.
Input these values either in
WP Admin > Settings > WP Google Login, or in
wp-config.phpusing the following code snippet:
define( 'WP_GOOGLE_LOGIN_CLIENT_ID', 'YOUR_GOOGLE_CLIENT_ID' );
define( 'WP_GOOGLE_LOGIN_SECRET', 'YOUR_SECRET_KEY' );
These browsers are supported. Note, for example, that One Tap Login is not supported in Safari.
How to enable automatic user registration
You can enable user registration either by
– Enabling Settings > WP Google Login > Enable Google Login Registration
define( 'WP_GOOGLE_LOGIN_USER_REGISTRATION', 'true' );
in wp-config.php file.
Note: If the checkbox is ON then, it will register valid Google users even when WordPress default setting, under
Settings > General Settings > Membership > Anyone can register checkbox
Restrict user registration to one or more domain(s)
By default, when you enable user registration via constant
WP_GOOGLE_LOGIN_USER_REGISTRATION or enable Settings > WP Google Login > Enable Google Login Registration, it will create a user for any Google login (including gmail.com users). If you are planning to use this plugin on a private, internal site, then you may like to restrict user registration to users under a single Google Suite organization. This configuration variable does that.
Add your domain name, without any schema prefix and
www, as the value of
WP_GOOGLE_LOGIN_WHITELIST_DOMAINS constant or in the settings
Settings > WP Google Login > Whitelisted Domains. You can whitelist multiple domains. Please separate domains with commas. See the below example to know how to do it via constants:
define( ‘WP_GOOGLE_LOGIN_WHITELIST_DOMAINS’, ‘example.com,sample.com’ );
Note: If a user already exists, they will be allowed to login with Google regardless of whether their domain is whitelisted or not. Whitelisting will only prevent users from registering with email addresses from non-whitelisted domains.
This filter can be used to filter existing scope used in Google Sign in.
You can ask for additional permission while user logs in.
This filter will provide 1 parameter
scopes in callback, which contains array of scopes.
wp-config.php parameters list
WP_GOOGLE_LOGIN_CLIENT_ID(string): Google client ID of your application.
WP_GOOGLE_LOGIN_SECRET(string): Secret key of your application
WP_GOOGLE_LOGIN_USER_REGISTRATION(boolean) (optional): Set
trueIf you want to enable new user registration. By default, user registration defers to
Settings > General Settings > Membershipif constant is not set.
WP_GOOGLE_LOGIN_WHITELIST_DOMAINS(string) (optional): Domain names, if you want to restrict login with your custom domain. By default, it will allow all domains. You can whitelist multiple domains.
BTW, We’re Hiring!
這個外掛提供 1 個可供 Gutenberg/區塊編輯器使用的區塊。
- Log in with Google
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Follow “Setup” instructions in ReadMe to configure credentials from Google Developers Console.
Before creating a new issue, do browse through the existing issues for resolution or upcoming fixes.
If you still need to log an issue, making sure to include as much detail as you can, including clear steps to reproduce the issue, if possible.
Want to contribute a new feature? Start a conversation by logging an issue.
Once you’re ready to send a pull request, please run through the following checklist:
Browse through the existing issues for anything related to what you want to work on. If you don’t find any related issues, open a new one.
Create a branch from
developfor each issue you’d like to address and commit your changes.
Push the code changes from your local clone to your fork.
Open a pull request and that’s it! We’ll respond with feedback as soon as possible (Isn’t collaboration a great thing? 😌)
Once your pull request has passed final code review and tests, it will be merged into
developand be in the pipeline for the next release. Props to you! 🎉
Clone the plugin from repository.
composer install && composer tests:unitto run unit tests.
以下人員參與了開源軟體〈Log in with Google〉的開發相關工作。參與者
- Feature: Gutenberg block for Login button.
- Feature: Save user first name and last name on registration.
- Add: PHP 8.0 compatibility.
- Add: Added hook after user authentication.
- Add: Added hook after user is logged-in.
- Fix: set login cookie with shortcode display.
- Fix: Redirection back to login page issue.
- Updated npm packages and laravel-mix.
- Maintenance release. Requires PHP >= 7.4.
- Feature: Provide filter for client arguments: rtcamp.google_client_args
- Feature: One-Tap Login setting for supported browsers.
- Feature: Add shortcode
[google_login]with optional attributes:
[google_login button_text="Login with Google" force_display="no" redirect_to="https://example.url/page"].
- Feature: Replace third-party oAuth client with custom GoogleClient class.
- Fix: Identification of state value, whether a given oAuth login is relevant to this plugin.
- Remove: Google oAuth library from composer.
- Revert Login with GitHub state fix.
- Fix login issue related to oAuth state.
- Fix conflict with Login with GitHub plugin.
- Add ‘login_with_google/client_arguments’ filter for Google_Client arguments.
- Fix issue where JS/CSS were not loading.
- Initial release.