It’s the only plugin that will help you pass Google Page Speed image size optimization test. Furthermore, it compresses image file size, so you get a performance boost and improve your page rank in Google.
The plugin uses Google Page Speed Insights API to optimize images. All you need is a Google console account and an API key.
Image Optimization runs in the background on Google servers, so the site will keep its performance intact. There are no special server requirements.
- Site should be available for Google Page Speed test
- PHP 7
If you have any feedback or ideas, please raise an issue in our GitHub repository:
Plugin is compatible with such plugins:
In the upcoming releases, we plan to add compatibility with WordPress MultiSite installation.
just-image-optimizerplugin to your
- Activate the plugin through ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Configure your API key and desired settings via the
Media -> Just Image Optimizersettings page.
- My image optimization is always “0.00% saved”
- Please open plugin Settings page. It will check for plugin requirements on your server.
- If you don’t have any errors on Settings page, then please check logs. You should see that plugin try to optimize at least 1 attachment.
- Next step is to check that Optimize request URL is accessible by Google Page Speed (just copy it and try to test it with the service).
- If nothing help, please write to us on Github with screenshots of your Settings page, Log page and last Log details page.
- Can I revert original images quality?
To revert original quality of the images, you can use Regenerate Thumbnails plugin.
Just regenerate a single image or all images at once to create new images from the source.
以下人員參與了開源軟體〈Just Image Optimizer〉的開發相關工作。參與者
將〈Just Image Optimizer〉外掛本地化為台灣繁體中文版
- Update: Skip log if no attachments found.
- New: Added notice if site is not available online.
- New: Added notice if PHP version is below 7.0.
- Bug fix: Dashboard image size statistics fatal error.
- New: Added notice if wp-content is not writable, cause it’s required for storing files.
- Bug fix: Fake cron run without plugin settings saved.
- Added compatibility with Just Responsive Images plugin (v1.5+)
- Added compatibility with Regenerate Thumbnails plugin (v3+)
- Upgraded optimization logic to continuosly optimizing images with several tries, due to unstable Google Page Speed API responses.
- Improved Log.
- First beta version of the plugin. We still work on compatibility with 3rd party plugins and WordPress MultiSite installation.