When running WordPress Multisites to maintain various top level domains or a multilingual version of your site you might probably run into the problem of having the same author description / biography on each of them.
This is unfortunate not only on multilingual sites.
Long story short, this plugin enables you to enter the author biography for each user on a per-blog basis.
You don’t have to do anything, but to install and activate the plugin and to enter the author bio into through the dashboard(s) of your site(s).
Please visit the github repository on https://github.com/webzunft/multisite-individual-author if you want to contribute, post a specific feature request or bug report.
Some things site admins and developers might want to know:
- the plugin only works when multisite support is enabled
- the biography is saved using a custom profile field for each blog with the pattern ‘ima_description_BLOGID’, e.g. img_description_3
- the filter get_the_author_description is used to load the “right” description; this is used by the
- Upload the folder
- Activate the IMA through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
You will now see an additional field for the author description when you visit the author profile.
This field is individual for each blog, so make sure you first login to the right dashboard when changing the authors bio for a specific site in your multisite environment.
以下人員參與了開源軟體〈Individual Multisite Author〉的開發相關工作。參與者
- allow to translate the plugin through wordpress.org, props @2ndkauboy
- show a warning if the current site is not a multisite, props @2ndkauboy
- secure user data while allowing some HTML in the description, props @2ndkauboy
- fix PHP 8.2 deprecation warning, props @2ndkauboy
- reverted escaping from name and description to allow HTML again
- added field for site-specific author name, props to a user
- escaped name and description when saved to the database
- added French translation
- fixed broken textdomain reference, thanks @rwatuny
- adjust coding to wordpress (extra) standard
- fix deprecation notice for WP 3.0+ (update_usermeta)
- minor code ‘optimisation’
- fixing a bug that prevented the plugin from being loaded completely
- html tags are now allowed in the bio
- added textdomain
- added German translation to test textdomain
(confused commit, please ignore)
- input field for individual description is now bigger
- added short description for the plugin
- use default description if no site specific description is provided.
- updated files, to fix showing the plugin on wordpress.org
- initializing the plugin