The hearthis.at plugin allows you to integrate a player widget from hearthis.at into your WordPress Blog by using a WordPress shortcodes.
this is how it works:
These Shortcodes do also supports several optional parameters. These parameters will pass its given value as option on to the player widget.
At the moment the hearthis Shortcode accepts the following parameter and options:
widthdefine the width of the widget (number value and if <= 100 means in % and abouve 100 is in pixels. default is 100)
heightdefine the height of the widget (integer value or empty for default )
if this value is less 100 it will passed as percent if it is higher than 100 it will parsed as pixels
themeyou can choose between these 2 options transparent (default) or transparent_black
hcolorbutton and passed time color for the waveform (not set or a hex color with or without a prependig #)
colorhighlight color for the waveform (not set or a hex color with or without a prependig #)
stylestyle ‘1’ is default waveform and value ‘2’ is the digitized waveform
backgroundshows the background if set (values not set, 1 or 0, if is 1 the height is 170px)
waveformhides the waveform if you set to ‘1’, change track height fixed to 95px (values 0 off, 1 on)
autoplaystarts with autoplay (values 0 off, 1 on)
coverhides the cover image if its set (values 0 off, 1 on)
block_sizesize of the waveform blocks (numberr, steps from 1 to 10, default is 2, works only if style is set to 2)
block_spacespace size between the waveform blocks (integer, steps from 1 to 10, default is 1, works only if style is set to 2)
liststyleonly available on playlists or profile urls, this will display a list as single tracks buut works only if you provide value ‘single’. If you enter a profile uri from hearthis.at this listing is limited by 50 tracks.
cssstring, should contain a valid uri that will load an additional css file link the link tag
This Version is now stable and provides also a fallback for some old hearthis Shortcode params.
So these params could also being used because they will passed to the their new names.
color2the old name of the hcolor property
paramsa params string with the namend values
digitized_sizeold name of the waveform block size (see block_size)
digitized_spaceold name of the waveform block space (see block_space)
Embed a single track without any params.
Embed a playlist or setlist without params.
Embed a user profile with a blue hightlight color.
Embed a user without color params and autostart.
[hearthis hcolor=”#ff5c24″ color=”#33fd11″ autostart=”1″]http://hearthis.at/djforce/[/hearthis]
Embeds a track with a black theme and a background image (if set) and hides the cover.
[hearthis theme=”transparent” background=”1″ cover=”1″]https://hearthis.at/djforce/baesser-forcesicht-dnbmix/[hearthis]
Embeds a track player with 50% width and a green button color.
[hearthis width=”50″ color=”#33fd11″]https://hearthis.at/crec/maverick-krl-c-recordings-guestmix/[/hearthis]
Embeds a track player with 500px width and hides the waveform and has the transparent_black theme. Remember this will change track height to 95 pixels.
[hearthis width=”500″ waveform=”1″ params=”color2=00ff00&theme=transparent_black”]https://hearthis.at/djforce/dj-force-is-breaking-the-habit-electrobreaks-bass-dubstep-mix-052014/[/hearthis]
Embeds a playlist or set with 400px height.
This is not a real option, its more like a hook and works only with playlists or profile urls.
So if you want to display a playlist or user profile as single tracks and not as a list you can set this option.
For users we limited this by 50 tracks. Does only take effect if the value single is inside the liststyle tag.
special thanks and credits
hearthis.at – music is our passion
thx for using and supporting hearthis.at
- Download the Plugin and extract its content. You should see a folder named hearthisat or hearthis.
- Upload the complete
hearthisatfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Now you are ready to go and you can place
[hearthis]Shortcodes to your pages or articles
What is with httpful Phar file?
With version 1.0.0 it’s removed!
This was included till version 0.6.5. If you use a former version,
you can update this library by downloading the latest phar file
from the [distributors website]. The latest integrated version we used was version 0.2.19.
Where I can get help?
There is a issue tracker at the github.com website.
So if you will have any problems with the plugin please visit developer site at github.com/Andrew-Jenkins/wp_plugin_hearthis.
You can open a new [issue] and ask for help.
- minor bug fix with track detection and height bugfixes
- minor bug fix with theme transparent_black option that doens’t work, if you use the transparent_black we have to remove the value of the color and to add the share path to the irframe url? maybe it’s a lil’ bug at hearthis.at. I’ll check this later. Right now this work’s for all wordpress users.
- changed some php and readme documenations
- removed the httpful Phar file so that this works completly without this
- now based on the Plugin API, Coding Standards, and Documentation Standards.
- all classes, functions, and variables are documented so that you know what you need to be changed.
- includes a
.potfile for internationalization but I don’t used it.
- added the latest hearthis.at API functions for the shortcode params
- new backend/wp-admin Menu with color pickers
- several bugfixes and reformating code to object base programming standard
- added a trailing slash to an URL if its not exist
- added a Shortcodes option as a hook to transform a playlist url into single widgets for each track from this set instead of displaying a list view.
- fix and reformating the original code which was written by Benedikt Groß the founder of hearthis.at a year ago. This release fixes deprecated or wrong options and removes errors so now you will be able to use this plugin in the latest wordpress version. Now you will have full control about the latest original hearthis parameters.