footnotes aims to be the all-in-one solution for displaying an automatically-generated list of references on your Page or Post. The Plugin ships with a set of defaults while also empowering you to control how your footnotes are being displayed.
footnotes gives you the ability to display well-formatted footnotes on your WordPress Pages and Posts, as well as in post excerpts with fully functional tooltips if enabled.
來自 wpmudev 精選介紹。感謝這篇外掛評測文章的讚譽。
- Fully-customizable footnote start and end shortcodes;
- styled hyperlink tooltips;
- responsive reference container with customisable position;
- ability to display reference container inside a widget;
- wide choice of numbering styles;
- freely-configurable optional backlink symbol;
- configurable footnote appearance; and
- shortcodes button in Post editor.
These are a few examples of possible ways to delimit your footnotes:
- Your awesome text((with an awesome footnote))
- Your awesome text[ref]with an awesome footnote[/ref]
- Your awesome text<fn&rt;with an awesome footnote</fn>
- Your awesome text
custom-start-shortcodewith an awesome footnote
Please report feature requests, bugs and other support related questions in the WordPress Support Forum.
Speak your mind, unload your burden, bring it up, and feel free to post your rating and review!.
Is your Plugin a fork of another Plugin?
No, this Plugin has been written from scratch. Of course some inspirations on how to do or how to not do things were taken from other plugins.
Your Plugin is awesome! How do I convert my footnotes if I used one of the other footnotes plugins out there?
- For anyone interested in converting from FD Footnotes Plugin, see this write-up from footnotes user @southwest
- From what we’ve researched, all other footnotes Plugins use open and close shortcodes, which can be left as-is. In the footnotes settings menu, you can setup footnotes to use the existing (i.e., previously-used) shortcodes. Too easy? Yippy Ki-Yey!
- Bugfix: fix WYSIWYG editor error message, thanks to @ogbcashdown bug report.
- Reissue of 2.7.1.
- Bugfix: Stylesheets: namespace collapsed CSS class, thanks to @cybermrmotte @markyz89 bug reports.
- Dashboard: move Plugin settings under default WP Settings menu.
- Bugfix: Footnotes: fix bug when using multiple paragraphs in footnotes.
- Documentation: remove outdated MCI/ManFisher references.
- Documentation: split changelog into seperate file.
- Adding: Reference container: optionally per section by shortcode, thanks to @grflukas issue report.
- Bugfix: Excerpts: make excerpt handling backward compatible, thanks to @mfessler bug report.
- Bugfix: Dashboard: debug the ‘Quick start guide’ tab, thanks to @rumperuu bug report.
- Bugfix: Process: fix issue that caused some footnotes to not be processed, thanks to @docteurfitness @rkupadhya @offpeakdesign bug reports.