Cloudstitch is a community of spreadsheet powered widgets you can add to any site — things like product lists, data visualizations, and conference schedules.
This plugin makes every widget on Cloudstitch available in WordPress with a simple Shortcode.
Adding a shaded electoral map of the US, for example, is as simple as adding the following line:
Trying it Out
Try out the plugin by injecting demo widget already on Cloudstitch. Just add the following Shortcode to a page or post:
Using your own Cloudstitch Widgets
You can inject any widget that you’ve duplicated and customized on Cloudstitch. The general Shortcode format is:
For example, let’s say you visited Cloudstitch.io and duplicated that electoral map widget.
Assuming your username is
TheIncredibleHulk, you would end up with your own copy of the project hosted at a URL like this:
Your custom Shortcode is thus
Installation is easy! Just:
- Upload and unzip
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- I’ve installed the plugin, now how do I find a widget?
Just go to cloudstitch.io to find a directory of widgets.
- What kinds of things can you power with Cloudstitch?
Cloudstitch is great for powering part of your site with Google Spreadsheets. We love spreadsheets, and we loge WordPress. Cloudstitch lets you have your WordPress cake and eat it too: use WordPress for things like pages and posts, and use Cloudstitch to power your data-heavy pages and visualizations.
- Hello, world! Initial submission.
- Basic widget invocation with no special options.
- Support for Cloudstitch’s new Polymer-based projects, like Stack in a Box and D3 in a Box.
- Removes a style=”display:block” attribute that was causing problems in some projects.
- Pass content inside the Cloudstitch short code into the Cloudstitch template engine.