讓 WordPress 網站的 ads.txt 及 app-ads.txt 的建立、管理及驗證如同其他內容一樣方式。這個外掛需要 PHP 5.3 及 WordPress 4.9 或這兩者的更新版本。
What is ads.txt?
Ads.txt is an initiative by the Interactive Advertising Bureau to enable publishers to take control over who can sell their ad inventory. Through our work at 10up with various publishers, we’ve created a way to manage and validate your ads.txt file from within WordPress, eliminating the need to upload a file. The validation baked into the plugin helps avoid malformed records, which can cause issues that end up cached for up to 24 hours and can lead to a drop in ad revenue.
- Requires PHP 5.3+.
- Ad blockers may break syntax highlighting and pre-save error checking on the edit screen.
- Rewrites need to be enabled. Without rewrites, WordPress cannot know to supply
- Your site URL must not contain a path (e.g.
https://example.com/site/or path-based multisite installs). While the plugin will appear to function in the admin, it will not display the contents at
https://example.com/site/ads.txt. This is because the plugin follows the IAB spec, which requires that the ads.txt file be located at the root of a domain or subdomain.
What about ads.cert?
We’re closely monitoring continued developments in the ad fraud space, and see this plugin as not only a way to create and manage your ads.txt file but also be prepared for future changes and upgrades to specifications. Ads.cert is still in the extremely early stages so we don’t see any immediate concerns with implementing ads.txt.
Can I use this with multisite?
Yes! However, if you are using a subfolder installation it will only work for the main site. This is because you can only have one ads.txt for a given domain or subdomain per the ads.txt spec. Our recommendation is to only activate Ads.txt Manager per-site.
- Install the plugin via the plugin installer, either by searching for it or uploading a .zip file.
- Activate the plugin.
- Head to Settings → Ads.txt or App-ads.txt and add the records you need.
- Check it out at yoursite.com/ads.txt or yoursite.com/app-ads.txt!
Note: If you already have an existing ads.txt or app-ads.txt file in the web root, the plugin will not read in the contents of the respective files, and changes you make in WordPress admin will not overwrite contents of the physical files.
You will need to rename or remove the existing (app-)ads.txt file (keeping a copy of the records it contains to put into the new settings screen) before you will be able to see any changes you make to (app-)ads.txt inside the WordPress admin.
- Added: support for the
INVENTORYPARTNERDOMAINvariable (props @dkotter, @faisal-alvi)
- Added: end to end tests with Cypress (props @cadic, @dinhtungdu, @darylldoyle, @Sidsector9)
- Changed: update dealerdirect/phpcodesniffer-composer-installer from 0.5.x to 0.7.1 (props @evokelektrique, @peterwilsoncc)
- Changed: update minimist from 1.2.5 to 1.2.6
- Changed: bump WordPress tested up to to 6.0 (props @mohitwp, @cadic, @peterwilsoncc via #85, #90)
- Changed: automated testing code compatibility against PHP versions from 5.3 to 8.1 (props @cadic)
- Fixed: allow admins to access revisions (props @PypWalters, @dinhtungdu)
- Fixed: coding standards violations (props @peterwilsoncc)
- Added: Support for app-ads.txt filetype (props @helen, @westi, @p0mmy)
- Removed: Stop attempting to show an error notice about an existing
ads.txtfile due to too many false positives. We will bring this back later in a better way.
- Changed: Bump WordPress version support to 5.4 (props @tmoorewp, @jeffpaul)
- Changed: Switched to using GitHub Actions instead of Travis for Continuous Integration (props @helen)
- Changed: Updated plugin screenshots and FAQs (props @jeffpaul, @helen)
- Fixed: Update capability check when saving ads.txt (props @eclev91)
- Added: Make revisions accessible in the admin – now you can restore older versions of your ads.txt or view how it’s changed over time (props @adamsilverstein, @helen)
- Added: Show a notice on the edit screen if an ads.txt file exists on the server (props @kkoppenhaver, @helen, @tjnowell, @adamsilverstein)
- Added: Add a custom
edit_ads_txtcapability for granular assignment, which is assigned to administrators by default (props @eclev91, @adamsilverstein)
- Added: Enable filtering of the output using
- Changed: Updated documentation, automation, and coding standards (props @jeffpaul, @adamsilverstein, @helen, @mmcachran)
- Fixed: Early escaping (props @tjnowell)
- Fixed: PHPCS issues and added PHPCS scanning (props @adamsilverstein)
Further changelog entries can be found in the CHANGELOG.md file.