The Genesis Testimonials Slider allows users to add Testimonials to a widget area or to embed theme into a page or Post using the shortcode. The testimonials are customposts with author name, content and image. No more loss of data when switching themes.
Please Note: This plugin only works with the Genesis Framework
More information, an example and the manual can be found on WPStudio.
- Plugin settings page
- Effect slide or fade
- Show controls
- Pause on hover
- Set speed
- Set columns
- Set loop
- Set position image
- Add company name
- Add rating
- Genesis 2.0
How to use
Add the Testimonial widget to a widget area or use the shortcode.
Looking for additional features? Just let me know.
- You have a couple of options:
- Go to Plugins -> Add New and search for “Genesis Testimonials Slider”. Once found, click “Install”.
- Download the folder from WordPress.org and unzip the folder. Then upload via Plugins -> Add New -> Upload.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
Please Note: This plugin is only for Genesis Framework users. Genesis is a premium product by StudioPress. If you do not have Genesis 2.0+ or WordPress 3.6+, the plugin will not activate.
- Update: fix for Genesis 3.0
- Removed genesis_pre function check on activation
- Tweak: removed Structured Data. Testimonials are used in many diffrent ways. The structured data is a limitation here.
- Bug fix: fixed Fatal error when shortcode and widget are used on same page.
- New: Add option to show testimonials in random order.
- Bug fix: fixed check wich causes a error 500 if switched to an none Genesis theme.
- Tweak: removed permalinks testimonials
- Update: fix for Genesis 2.6
- Tweak: small code tweaks for WPCS
- Update: add itemprop author
- Update: made plugin ready for translation
- Tweak: changed textdomain to slug
- Set default params for scrolling speed
- Set default params to avoid JS error’s
- Add missing files
- Add missing files
- New: Added rating stars
- New: Added company field
- New: Added select position image
- New: Added schema microdata
- Tweak: Updated code to WordPress coding standards
- Tweak: Added responsive breakpoints
- Fixed typo in link to WPStudio website
- Fixed bug which shows slider always on top onf the content using the shortcode
- Add option for setting a loop
- Fixed setting hover on pause
- Fixed html widget. Add closing div.
- Initial Release