- Imports languages and WPML options (when the same options exist in Polylang).
- Imports posts and terms languages as well as translations (including for custom post types and custom taxonomies).
- Imports multilingual nav menus.
- Imports strings translations.
- Does not delete WPML data.
Although WPML data should not be corrupted, as Polylang data are created without deleting anything, make a database backup before proceeding.
How to proceed?
- De-activate WPML
- Activate Polylang or Polylang Pro and WPML to Polylang. Do not create any language with Polylang (they will be imported).
- Go to Tools -> WPML Importer.
- If all checks are passed, then you can click on ‘Import’.
- De-activate WPML to Polylang (You can even delete it).
- Setup a language switcher either as a widget or in nav menus.
- Check that everything is OK.
- If something went wrong and you want to revert to WPML, you can delete Polylang using the red link in the Plugins table. To delete all data created for Polylang, Please read how before deleting Polylang. Finally you can re-activate WPML.
This plugin does not include error management. It has however been tested successfully to migrate a site with about 9,000 posts and media.
The banner and icon were designed by Alex Lopez
2023 年 3 月 28 日
Works great, but just a little correction in process: you have to remove WPML completely (google for that, that's not so easy, that's just about removing the plugin) once you imported everything to Polylang. Before WPML removal, my translation didn't work on secondary language. But now everything is ok! Big thanks to developers!
2022 年 12 月 8 日
Thank you for the plugin. Migrated from WPML to Polylang with a few clicks.
2022 年 6 月 20 日
I just came to say thanks for this awesome plugin)
2020 年 7 月 11 日
2020 年 6 月 17 日
Very helpful plugin. Tried to move manually - spent an hour for average-sized website, found, that a bunch of details are still to set, and started from scratch with this plugin - did in 3 minutes, including downloading.
2019 年 9 月 1 日
I rarely leave reviews but this plugin warrants one. After weeks and weeks of problems with WPML i finally switched to Polylang and this plugin made that process of transferring my already translated pages and templates from WPML so Polylang so easy and straightforward. Complete transfer in 2 seconds! Big thanks to the developers of this one!!
以下人員參與了開源軟體〈WPML to Polylang〉的開發相關工作。參與者
- Complete rewrite to avoid issues with PHP memory limit and MySQL buffer size. Props Jeremy Simkins for lot of ideas. #19
- Simplify the UI and attempt to clarify error messages.
- Fix languages order not imported.
- Fix media translation setting not imported.
- Fix nav menu locations per language.
- Min Polylang version is now 2.8
- Fix languages incorrectly imported with Polylang 2.8+
- Fix media translation option incorrectly imported #7
- Fix PHP notices
- Min Polylang version is now 2.6 #3
- Fix the front page label not displayed for translations in the pages list table #4
- Fix deprecated notice related to the screen icon
- Fix flags and rtl property not correctly imported
- Fix incompatibility with WP 4.8.2 (placeholder %1$s in prepare)
- Assign the default language to objects without language in the ‘icl_translations’ table
- Fix term languages not correctly imported
- Fix unprepared SQL query (thanks to @grapplerulrich)
- Fix: Don’t import the empty strings translations as it breaks Polylang
- Allow plugin localization from translate.wordpress.org
- Ready for Polylang 1.8, min Polylang version is 1.5, min WP version is 3.5
- Adopt WordPress coding standards
- Fix: database error when importing categories translations
- Fix: after import, updating a page deletes all translation relationships
- Fix: strings translations are not saved
- Add: “success” message
- Fix: incompatibility with Polylang 1.5
- Fix: taxonomy terms translations incorrectly mapped as WPML uses term_taxonomy_id whereas Polylang uses term_id
- Fix: bug with custom post types and custom taxonomies
- Bug fixes