This is a simple plugin for storing, organising and displaying audio of talks, presentations or sermons. It was developed for use in churches, but could have other uses too.
Ability to customise output is limited at present, but templating is certainly on the roadmap for the future.
- Custom post types and taxonomies for storing and organising your talks
- Taxonomies for Speaker, Service and Topic
- An additional post type for grouping talks in series
- Upload the
wp-talksfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
Alternatively you can upload
wp-talks.zip from Plugins -> Add New -> Upload Plugin
- This is hardly the most amazing plugin in the world
Yeah, I know. It’s a bit basic at present, but I wanted to share progress so far with people and it was handy to have it on the repo for my clients.
Minor styling fixes to output. First public release.
Squashed some bugs. Added a “Series” column to the Talks edit list.
Rename and prepped for public release – internal release only. Requires database changes!
Add post series – internal release only
Add features images in output and fix output bugs – internal release only
Fix incorrect version checking – internal release only
Updates for WordPress 3.6’s built in media functions – internal release only
Initial release – internal only