Goal of this plugin is to make post migration between sites easier. Simply select the post type you wish to migrate in host site and then run “import” from guest site.
- Migrate any post types.
- Migrates custom fields.
- Download and create featured images as attachment.
- Download any image found in post_content and creates attachment and updates
- Check existing posts by
post_nameand if exists then update existing.
- Migrate terms and taxonomies
After installing the plugin go to WP-Admin->Tools->WP Easy Export Import and then select the type of site.
The site from where posts will be migrated.
After setting site type as “host site”, set secret key and select the post type you want to migrate along with meta fields.
The site where where posts will be migrate.
After setting site type as “guest site”, copy and paste secret key you have added in “host site” and enter url of host site. Once saved click on import and do not close/refresh the page while import is running.
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to Tools and follow the configuration process.
- Is this secure?
Yes, unless you share your secret key. Assume secret key as a password.
Initial release of this version.