Because you’ve found the way to this page, I assume that you may have already noticed that there are currently no good plugins available than can be used to change your user’s avatars right in the backend.
What makes visage special?
- Change your avatar without signing up for gravatar
- Add a custom PG rating to your avatar
- No unnecessary clutter within the interface
- Available for all user roles
This is where visage comes in. You just need to let WordPress install the plugin and you’re ready! No setup, no more configuration.
Once the plugin is active, you are already able to set your own avatar on your profile-page in the backend of WordPress (of course you can also manage the avatars of other users right on their own profile-pages).
Bugs: Should you come across some errors or bugs in the course of use, just leave a review for me. Afterwards I will put my focus on fixing those as soon as possible.
- How can I support you?
You can help me by leaving a review (so that I know what I can do better) or by telling your friends how great this plugin actually is. If you own a blog or something similar you’re also free to write some words about it. Thanks! 🙂
- Do I need to rebuild my theme to support visage?
No, you don’t need to make any changes to your theme if you want it to support my plugin. If you’re using avatars in your theme, you might already know about the
get_avatar()function. Now the great thing about visage: It will just filter this function and replace the default avatar with the new one.
- Which languages do you support?
Currently German, English and French (more will follow soon).
- Dutch translation added (thanks to @nickheurter!)
- A few security bugs have been fixed
- The code has been improved so that visage will load faster
- Adds a few of the latest FAQs to the plugin details
- Faster iterations (code)
- Fixed grammar in the description
- French translation
- Localized scripts & info
- Now uses gravatars, if available
- Better file names
- Improved meta data
- Initial release