This plugin uses the pseudo-cron facility available in WordPress to publish a
daily or weekly post of tweets from the previous day.
- Versions >= 2.0 have contributions from Paul Wlodarczyk
(http://thecontentguy.net/). Much thanks goes out to him.
- This plugin has not been tested on anything other than WordPress 2.7 and
above (If anyone wants to try an old version, let me know.)
There are a number of configuration options for Twitter Digest. You can find these in Options > Twitter Digest.
If you have questions or comments, please visit http://whalespine.org.
- Download the plugin archive and expand it (you’ve likely already done this).
- Put the ‘twitter-digest.php’ file into your wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Go to the Plugins page in your WordPress Administration area and click ‘Activate’ for Twitter Digest.
- Go to the Twitter Digest Options page (Options > Twitter Digest) to set your Twitter account information and preferences.
- Updated to use https for all twitter.com links
- Fixed hashtag link bug
- Fixed PHP bugs pointed out by Eric Celeste
- Updated to use Twitter OAuth and Twitter API v1.1. See
for how to create a Twitter App and the four tokens of the apocalypse.
- Updated to the latest version of the Twitter API
- Added option to create the digest post in draft mode
- Added option to include retweets in digest post
- Fixed some bugs with publishing time
- Fixed bug with Twitter’s tweet ids
- Changed binary options to checkboxes
- Separated tweet date and time display options
- Removed password requirement. Can no longer access private Twitter accounts
via TD. This was less work than going to oAuth.
- Fixed some stupid errors.
- Fixed date visibility option
- Fixed bug in default date format
- Added support for weekly digest. This is a beta feature. Any
feedback is welcome.
- Post limit is now 200
- Added ability to specify an excerpt for each post
- Added ability to format the date in the post title/excerpt
- Fixed timezone issues
- Added button to reset plugin database
- Fixed bug that caused HTML entities to be broken links
- Fixed issue with publishing in timezone that is not the same as the server timezone
- Fixed bug that caused broken status link if @ message was not in reply to
- Added check for username/password on installation
- Added ability to ping the service from the options page.
- Added ability to specify the time of day the tweet post will be published
- Added support for custom title
- Fixed possible race condition issue
- Tweaked code layout
- Made min tweets always be at least 1
- Fixed bug with url in brackets not being made clickable.
- Fixed bug with ‘in reply to’ links not working
- Fixed bug that caused badness if minimum tweets was set to 0
- Added option to reverse the order of tweet display
- Fixed bug with min tweets restriction
- Fixed bug with hashtag linkification
- Fixed bug showing options error
- Added options page
- Added minimum tweets required to post
- Fixed @twitter detection
- Added ability to ignore @replies
- Tweaked posting procedure so the post goes from the draft state to
published state, in order to trigger any hooks that would get triggered on a
- Cleaned up post output
– Basic tweet polling and posting.