The plugin is used by embedding shortcodes into your page.
There are 5 setup shortcodes and one for the finished display.
These shortcodes are referred to as Role, People, Location, Event, Schedule and View.
The set of shortcodes all work together in groups to enable multiple, independent schedules to be defined, each with their own people, roles, events.
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/tagelin-rotadirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress.
- Create pages to contain the setup shortcodes. These could be privately owned if you wish.
- Put the View shortcode where you wish to see the finished schedule.
- Online manual at Tagelin Rota
- What about timezones?
All times are stored as UTC but shown in the local timezone of your browser.
- What about date formatting?
Use the ‘date-format’ parameter in the shortcode.
- d – day of month (no leading zero)
- dd – day of month (two digit)
- D – day name short
- DD – day name long
- m – month of year (no leading zero)
- mm – month of year (two digit)
- M – month name short
- MM – month name long
- y – year (two digit)
- yy – year (four digit)
This will show 2nd of December 2018 as “02-12-2018”
- Initial version.