Adds a Status Widget to display your Facebook, Twitter, or Last.FM status in your sidebar, and allows you to have multiple widgets at once. Originally, based on Status Press plugin by Adam Walker Cleaveland (http://pomomusings.com/) & C. Scott Andreas (http://www.paradoxica.net), this widget is growing outside the original intent to only work with Facebook.
- Add support for more statii. Any suggestions?
= Version 1.14 =
* Revert back to function (wp_specialchars_decode only in 2.7.1)
- Use different function because of WP 2.7.1 error (ticket #9090)
- Corrected bad coding placement (Works this time)
- Support for PHP4
- Adjusted cache setting to five minutes
- Major overhaul of widget
- Allows multiple instances of widget
- Allows feeds to be pulled from Facebook, Twitter, Last.FM, and Pownce
- Initial work on the widget
Thanks to Adam Walker Cleaveland (http://pomomusings.com) & C. Scott Andreas (http://www.paradoxica.net) for their original work on the Status Feed plugin (http://pomomusings.com/2007/08/29/statuspress/).
If you have found this widget useful, please consider donating to the poor post-college graduate that I am by clicking on the big yellow Donate button on my website, at http://www.briandgoad.com/blog
Extract the contents of the zip file and copy the
status-press-widget.php file to your plugins directory. Then activate the Status Press Widget from within WordPress.
In order to connect your Status with this widget, follow these steps:
1. Select which service you will be using 2. Follow the instructions
Your status feed should then be available, so get busy making your sidebar look even more personal with your new Status Updater!
As a side note, if you have used the previous plugin before, you might know that there was a slight mathematical error in the original plugin. This miscalculation has been corrected in the Widget.
- Can I Modify How the Status Text Looks?
- Yes, you can input a custom defined class, id, or style for both the Status and the Time Since in the Admin panel.
- Can I List More Than One (1) Status Update?
- Yes, you can choose how many updates to display, and even if you want to display them all in the Admin panel.
- Can I display more than one Status widget?
- Yes, in fact you can display multiple Status widgets from multiple social networking platforms.
- What social statii can I display?
- Currently available are Facebook, Twitter, and Last.fm
[Ask a question] mailto: bdgoad (at) gmail (dot) com