Simple plugin to change the order of your posts to chronological for selected categories! Posts of selected categories will be displayed in chronological order instead of reverse-chronological.
This can be useful for sites that have some tutorials, historical content (which is to be displayed in the order it was published), journals, books, etc. where the content is intended to be shown chronologically, along with some other regular posts where we need the order to default i.e. reverse-chronological.
So if your site needs to display some posts in chronological order and some in reverse-chronological this plugin is for you. All you need to do is just segregate the posts into categories & install this plugin!
- Take the easy route and install through the WordPress plugin installer, or,
- Download the .zip file and upload the unzipped folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to Selected Categories Post Ordering settings and check the categories whose posts order you want to change.
How do I use it?
Once you have installed the plugin (check Installation), activate the plugin and go to settings > selected categories post settings and on this page select the categories where you want to change the post order and save changes.
Voila! That’s it! It’s as simple as that 🙂
I hope you love this plugin! Don’t forget to rate the plugin and submit your valuable review 🙂
I want to reach out to the developer
If you face any issues or want to report any bugs you can go to the GitHub Repo here.
You can also check out my blog https://thevirajshelke.com for connecting with me 🙂
Don’t forget to rate the plugin and submit your valuable review 🙂
What’s coming up?
- New option in to select all categories
- New option in settings to reverse post order on complete website
Note:- Thinking of adding more sorting/ordering options category wise (suggestions & feedback needed)
以下人員參與了開源軟體〈Selected Categories Post Ordering〉的開發相關工作。參與者
- bug fix (performance improvement – avoid the plugin execution if it’s not a category page)
- changed the settings page from text field to more interactive with category names and checkboxes
- implementation changes
- major bug fixes
- First Release