Major Features in Sapphire Popups include:
- Easily create and manage popups using the Classic Editor or Gutenberg.
- 3 popup behavior selections.
- If a popup is updated it will be displayed again, even if the behavior has not expired.
- Remove popup title option.
- More features coming soon!!
- Default: Display popup on every page load.
- Show Daily: Popup will be displayed once per day.
- Show Once: Popup will show only once ever – unless behavior is changed or popup had been updated.
Popups that get updated will be displayed again even if the behavior is set to Show Once. If the behavior is set to Show Daily and the popup is updated it will be displayed again and the daily timer will start over. This allows for updates to be made even after the popup has been displayed.
Upload the Sapphire Popups plugin to your site, activate it, and start creating popups.
What is the Default Behavior
The Default Behavior will display the popup on every page load.
1.3.1: – 2020-10-01
- Cleaned up and removed unnecessary files due to switch of OOP architecture.
1.3.0: – 2020-09-25
- Added missing files.
1.2.0: – 2020-09-24
- Re-wrote plugin in OOP architecture using the WordPress Plugin Boilerplate.
- All functionality is the same.
1.1.0: – 2020-09-16
- Changed: Converted main plugin file to a class – SapphirePopup.
1.0.1: – 2020-09-16
Added the_content filter on popup content so that it can be treated the same way as a normal post.
- The issue was that
p> tags were not being added so all lines ended up on one line. The wpautop filter which added
p> tags is one of the filters used in the_content so I just used that.
– I also used wp_kses_post for extra sanitization when pulling from the DB but this removes custom HTML. I found that get_post_by_title() uses get_post() which uses sanitize_post() so this is happening by default.
– includes > core-functions.php > sapphire_popups_add_popup_script.
- Created version 1.