At the time of this writing, the latest version of WordPress, version 4.7,
has functionality to discourage search engines from indexing the whole site,
but not functionality to discourage search engines from indexing only certain
specific pages and posts of the site.
Robots Meta Whiz is a WordPress plugin that allows site administrators to
deploy custom meta robots tags to discourage search engines from indexing,
following links from, caching, indexing images from, and / or have
additional custom restrictions on only for certain specifically-designated
pages and posts.
It is an easy way to discourage search engines from indexing only specific
pages / posts.
This only applies to search engine robots, and will not effect the site’s
local search functionality.
Plugin works by hooking-in special logic into the action ‘wp_head’ to inject
<meta name='robots' content='...'> with restriction directives for
the specified pages and posts.
Official project URLs:
- Unzip contents of
robotswhiz.zipinto the directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Where can I ask a question about Robots Meta Whiz?
Ask your questions at: https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/robotswhiz
- Where can I post issues / bugs / feature requests?
Post issues / bugs / feature requests at: https://github.com/maratbn/RobotsWhiz/issues
- Where can I post pull requests?
Post pull requests at: https://github.com/maratbn/RobotsWhiz/pulls
以下人員參與了開源軟體〈Robots Meta Whiz〉的開發相關工作。參與者
- Updated screenshot.
- Added the ability to also sort the posts table by the robot restriction tokens.
- Inserted thin dashed line between each post attribute row and the tokens row for better
- Fixed incorrect sorting of the page template column occuring under WordPress version < 4.7
- Implemented user sorting of the posts table rows according to column values and in ascending or
- Having the robots meta tokens be sorted alphabetically.
- Renamed the plugin from RobotsWhiz to Robots Meta Whiz.
- Additional minor changes to description and keywords.
- Added screenshot of configuration screen.
- Miscellaneous documentation improvements.
- Fixed bug: Restored the php echo short tags for rendering
header captions that were incorrectly removed earlier.
- Fixed bug: Corrected the logic for processing previously saved values.
- Updated description wording.
- Added activation check for PHP version to not be < 5.4
- Minor code refactoring involving empty PHP echo short tags.
- Corrected REQUIREMENTS in that the supported PHP version is >= 5.4 not >= 5.3
- Initial release.