“Quick Empty Trash” is a small utility plugin that saves you time when emptying the trash for any post type. It adds an ’empty trash’ button to every post type’s list table, so that you can empty the trash for that post type without having to load the list of trashed posts first. This helps if you have a very slow-loading dashboard or if you just feel like saving yourself an extra page load in order to perform a simple action.
There are no settings to configure – just activate the plugin and the button will appear for you.
Installing “Quick Empty Trash” can be done either by searching for “Quick Empty Trash” via the “Plugins > Add New” screen in your WordPress dashboard, or by using the following steps:
- Download the plugin via WordPress.org
- Upload the ZIP file through the ‘Plugins > Add New > Upload’ screen in your WordPress dashboard
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- The button isn’t showing – what kind of a joke is this?
The new empty trash button will show on every status page of every post type – the only time it will not show is if there are no posts in the trash for that post type.
- Can I translate the text on the new button?
The new button uses the same localised strings as WordPress itself, so if you have already translated the ’empty trash’ button then the new button will also be translated.
以下人員參與了開源軟體〈Quick Empty Trash〉的開發相關工作。參與者
- Initial release