When you have a lot of metaboxes in the post/page edit screen, you end up scrolling which is confusing. Metaboxes
represent a group of fields like Address, or Ingredients, etc. Imagine you are creating a deep CV for a person.
Suddently you have
Languages, etc. But as you can see
Profile can be categorized as `Personal Data.
This plugin lets you group metaboxes by anything, just name each metabox as
Tab / Box name. So the
Addresses metabox should be named as
Personal Data / Addresses and it will be grouped with
Personal Data / Contact
Personal Data tab.
Tab / Box nameand
Tab/ Box namework
- Built-in metaboxes are ignored (they usually sit in the sidebar and are needed all the time)
- Although tested on 3.2, it should work since 2.5
- Upload plugin folder to the
- Activate the plugin through the
Pluginsmenu in WordPress
- Rename metaboxes or give them new names. That`s it
- How can I set order of tabs?
Order of tabs depends on how you reorder the metaboxes in post/page edit screen.
- How can I set order to metaboxes when they are now hidden?
Screen Optionsin the upper right corner, turn every box on. As they appear, reorder them and reload
以下人員參與了開源軟體〈Post Metaboxes Tabs〉的開發相關工作。參與者
- Initial release