UltimateMember to PeepSo Migration Tool is a migrator plugin that moves your data from UltimateMember to PeepSo. It’s super-easy to use.
Just install PeepSo and all of the plugins you want to use. Add the Migrator plugin, choose a couple of quick options and click the button. That’s it! The migrator will get to work moving over your data.
If you’ve wanted to give PeepSo a try but were afraid you’d lose your UltimateMember content, you’ve nothing to fear. We’ve got you covered.
The following plugins must be installed for the migrator to work.
- The migrator, duh!
Ultimate Member and PeepSo don’t share the same set of features. So these which are not common will not be moved. The migrator can definitely move:
* User Profiles
* User Profile Fields
* User Avatars and Cover images
* User Friends and Followers
* User Messages
* User Photos and Photo Albums
* Relevant notifications that crossover to PeepSo
Once you have all plugins in place, go to PeepSoUM menu item, assign profile fields to make sure everything matches and click the ‘Start Migration’ button.
That’s all it takes. Your UltimateMember community will move to PeepSo. UltimateMember and Migrator will also be deactivated. All necessary shortcodes are set in WordPress pages and your community will be ready for use with PeepSo.
From your WordPress dashboard
- Visit ‘Plugins > Add New’.
- Search for ‘UM to PeepSo’.
- Press ‘Install’.
- Activate UM to PeepSo from your Plugins page.
- Download UM to PeepSo.
- Navigate to the Admin area of your site.
- Go to Plugins > ‘Add New’.
- Select ‘Upload Plugin’.
- Select the ZIP installation file of UM to PeepSo.
- Activate UM to PeepSo from your Plugins listUM to PeepSo.
- Make sure that UltimateMember is installed and working.
- Install PeepSo and any of the plugins you want to use in your community.
- Install and open the migrator.
- If ProfileSo is installed and you’re using the gender and birthday fields in your community, match those fields to the fields in UltimateMember. (The other fields in UltimateMember will also be moved but the gender and birthdate fields are available in PeepSo by default and have to be matched manually.)
- Click the ‘Start Migration’ button.
- Confirm that you want to migrate the data.
- Stroke the cat and plan world domination while your data flies into PeepSo.
Please note that the Migrator only moves the data within the same WordPress installation. You won’t be able to use it to migrate UltimateMember from http://sampledomain1.com to http://sampledomain2.com. It also is designed to migrate from Ultimate Member to PeepSo, not the other way around.
Does UM to PeepSo work with third party UltimateMember plugins?
As much as we’d love to move all the data stored by every plugin, UltimateMember just has too many. We focused on core UltimateMember and its official extensions. Third party plugins are not supported.
How long does it take to migrate everything?
The migration time depends on the size of your community and will vary according to:
* Number of users
* Number of posts
* Number of comments
* Number of messages
* Number of notifications
* Number of friend connections
The move is also influenced by the speed of the server on which you’re hosting your site.
We tested moving a few hundred users with over 15,000 activities on a shared hosting environment. It took about four minutes to migrate everything from UltimateMember to PeepSo.
With a community with a 1000+ members, nearly 60,000 activities on a shared hosting environment the whole migration process took about 11 minutes.
What does the migration process look like?
It’s really simple. You’ll need to install UltimateMember, PeepSo and UM to PeepSo. Open UM to PeepSo and click the ‘Start Migration’ button. That’s it!
You can see the process in the Screenshots section.
What if I already have data in PeepSo?
UM to PeepSo can move a community from UltimateMember to PeepSo but it’s not able to merge a UltimateMember-based community into an existing PeepSo community. During the migration, all PeepSo data is removed and substituted with the data taken from UltimateMember.
Can I use UM to PeepSo to move my community to a different website?
No. UM to PeepSo will move a UltimateMember-based community to PeepSo within the same WordPress installation. It can’t move the data between websites.
How do I report a bug or a problem with UM to PeepSo?
You can use the support tab here on the contact us.
以下人員參與了開源軟體〈PeepSoTools: UltimateMember to PeepSo Migration Tool〉的開發相關工作。參與者
將〈PeepSoTools: UltimateMember to PeepSo Migration Tool〉外掛本地化為台灣繁體中文版
- See full changelog here: PeepSo Changelog