Simple plugin which adds a custom post type allowing you to post links to news articles and display them on your site. Development is still in progress but plugin is usable if you add the correct metabox calls to your theme’s post loop.
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/news-articlesdirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
- Add new news articles by creating a new ‘Article’ post and pasting the url into the ‘Link’ field. When you click publish the plugin will automatically attempt to fill in the missing fields by pinging the provided url.
- You can display your posted news articles by modifying your site’s theme to include an article post loop with the correct metaboxes.
- Does this plugin have widget capability?
Not currently, this feature is planned for the future though.
- Custom post type for posting Article links
- Articles automatically attempt to fill in blank fields on publish/update