Tired of right clicking to save images from Media Library? This plugin allows you to download and replace files directly from your Media Library. It adds a button to download the original, saving you time and clicks!
- Download image or file to your computer while in Media Library Modal or Attachment View (doesn’t open file in browser)
- Download image or file to your computer while in Media Library List View (doesn’t open file in browser)
- Replace Same File Type
- Tiny footprint
- Compress bulk files for download from Thumbnail View (downloads a zip archive of selected images)
- Compress bulk files for download from List View (downloads a zip archive of selected images)
- Download single files in one click while in Thumbnail View hover
- Download single files in one click while in List View
Installing via the WordPress dashboard:
- Browse to Plugins – Add New in your WordPress dashboard.
- Search for “media library file download” using the search box on the right.
- Find the Media Library File Download plugin in the search results and click Install Now.
Installing via FTP:
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/media-downloaddirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress.
Installing via WP-CLI:
wp plugin install media-download
1.2 – 2022-08-26
- New – Added Download & Replace buttons to Media Single Post
- PRO Tweak – Added Bulk Download to Media Library List mode
- PRO New – Added Download link to Media Library List Mode
- PRO Fix: clicking thumbnail hover icon in Media Library Grid Mode only downloaded once
- PRO Fix – Removed download icon from thumbnail hover when in bulk download mode
1.1 – 2022-03-18
- Download single file while in Thumbnail View Hover (Pro)
- Initial public release