There is no built-in way for your visitors to “log out” of password protected posts once they’ve entered the password. Even logged in users cannot log out of password protected posts by logging out of their account. This plugin solves that problem by providing a link for your visitors to log out of password protected posts.
After installing the plugin, add the following code somewhere in your theme to display a link for logging out of password protected posts:
<?php do_action( 'posts_logout_link' ); ?>
- I can’t see a link to log out. What’s up?
Have you added the template tag somewhere in your theme? You need to add
<?php do_action( 'posts_logout_link' ); ?>somewhere in your theme for the link to show up.
- I’ve added the template tag to my theme but I can’t see the log out link. What’s up?
Ensure that you have entered a password for a password protected post. The link will not show up if you’re not logged into a password protected post.
- Can I change the default text in the link?
Sure. Add a second parameter to the template tag with the text you’d like instead. For example:
<?php do_action( 'posts_logout_link', 'Log out!' ); ?>
For those who want even more control, you can also add a third paramter which will be used as the class name on the link element.
以下人員參與了開源軟體〈Log Out Password Protected Posts〉的開發相關工作。參與者
- Better compatibility with the post password system WordPress 3.4.
- Only show the log out link on posts which are password protected.
- Initial release.