Loft Maintenance is a small plugin to help you lock down your site quickly whenever your site is down for maintenance or currently in development. You can choose to enable the maintenance mode, then set the maintenance page which will show to all visitors, except the site administrators. And you can also choose some other public pages. The site administrators still have the full privileges to view the whole site without any restriction (front end and back end) even in maintenance mode.
PS: The plugin does not create a maintenance page for your site. You need to create a page and add content to it to let your visitors know the site is under construction. By working with our another WP plugin LoftBuilder, you can easily create a beautiful page in minutes.
Features & Options
- Turn on or off the maintenance mode.
- Set any existing page as the maintenance page.
- Choose other public pages.
- Site administrators have the full privileges to view the whole site.
- Install the plugin either via the WordPress.org plugin directory, or by uploading the files to your server (in the /wp-content/plugins/ directory).
- Activate the Loft Maintenance plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- In the WordPress administration screen, go to Settings > Loft Maintenance, check the settings there.
- I have activated plugin but don’t see any changes, looks like the plugin is not working.
- Make sure you have turned on the “Maintenance Mode” and selected a page as “Maintenance Page” in Settings > Loft Maintenance screen.
- Clear browser cache, or try to check in a different browser.
- If you are the site administrator, you need to log out to see the changes.
- No changes on activation/deactivation
- If you have installed any caching plugins then clear the cache.
- Initial Public Release