All-in-one livestream (Twitch.TV) integration for your WordPress website.
- Widget to display livestream status.
- Streams can be displayed as Images, Screen captures or as a text.
- Shortcode to embed a livestream:
- Easy customization using CSS, WordPress hooks and filters
Works out-of-the-box, but you can customize it.
Planned features (to do)
- TinyMCE extension for user-friendly embedding of a livestream via shortcode
- Top livestreams listed by category as a Widget
- Support multiple livestream providers (e.g. Hashd.TV, Justin.TV, UStream.TV)
- PHP 5.3+
- WordPress 3.7+
Have something to say?
- Upload the
live-stream-badgerfolder to the
- Activate the Live Stream Badger through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Done! Follow steps below to get started.
Configure ‘Stream status’ widget
- Go to WordPress Appearance > Menus
- Create a new menu
- Create a custom link, add it to the menu and save. Link should point to the channel, e.g.
http://www.twitch.tv/tobiwandotaas URL and
My favourite stream!as a label
- Go to WordPress Appearance > Widgets
- Place ‘LSB Stream Status’ widget on the sidebar
- In widget configuration, select the menu you created in Step (3) and save
- Go to your website and you should see the livestream link in a widget
‘Stream status’ widget CSS classes
Use these in your own stylesheet to customize display of the widget.
lsb-status-widget-list-itemlist item for the stream list
lsb-status-widget-indicatorstream status indicator
lsb-off are added to both
lsb-status-widget-indicator. Selector example:
Embed a stream using the shortcode
- Create new or edit a post
- Type in the following:
- Save and view the post
- You should see an embedded livestream in the post
[livestream] shortcode reference
[livestream url="http://www.twitch.tv/tobiwandota" chat="true"]
- url – URL of the livestream channel (string, default: ”)
- width – width of livestream embed (int, default: 620)
- height – height of livestream embed (int, default: 378)
- stream – show stream? (boolean, default: true)
- chat_width – width of livestream chat (int, default: 620)
- chat_height – height of livestream chat (int, default: 400)
- chat – show chat? (boolean, default: false)
- autoplay – automatically play embedded content (boolean, default: true)
No questions yet. Ask one!
以下人員參與了開源軟體〈Live Stream Badger〉的開發相關工作。參與者
- Minor bugfixes
- Bugfix: Embedded stream throwing fatal error
- Improvement: Tweaked health check upon activation (should show compatibility issues if any)
- New Feature: Added configurable plugin’s settings
- Bugfix: stream list not updating in certain configurations (WP Cron has been replaced by Transients API)
- Improvement: Moved development to GitHub, everyone is welcome to contribute
- Improvement: Switched from Justin.tv to Twitch API (version 3, bleeding edge)
- Improvement: Upgraded to PHP version 5.3+ (cleaner code thanks to namespaces, autoloader)
- Improvement: Updated minimum requirements for WordPress (3.7+, though 3.8 is highly recommended) as well as for PHP (5.3+)
- Improvement: Major code refactoring (hopefully, for the good)
- Improvement: Moved templates and filters for extensions to a separate folder
- Improvement: Added shortcode parameter to disable autoplay
- New feature: Added templates for customizing widget output. Filters added:
extend\class-templates.phpfor more details.
- Bugfix: shortcode embed not working
- New Feature: Sort streams
- New Feature: Display screen capture or channel image
- Improvement: Plugin now uses transient storage (should work fast with caching plugins)
- Improvement: Added CSS classes for online/offline indicators in the widget
- Improvement: Added health check for HTTP transport (plugin will not activate if technical requirements are not met)
- Improvement: Changed required minimum WP version to 3.5
- Improvement: Major refactoring
- Update of readme and usage guide under ‘Installation’
- Added livestream shortcode!
- Changed display from a table to a list
- Several bugfixes reported in forum
- Implemented pluggable API to support other providers than Twitch in the future
- Major refactoring
- Fixed shortcode support in Widget (link names)
- Fixed channel status sometimes not updating because of non-standard URL
- Switched to WP HTTP API
- Initial version