LH Mysql plugin allow you to create a complete database backup with single click. The entire contents of your databse can be downloaded in a compressed zip file which can also be emailed on an ongoing basis
* A simple interface to download your database
* A complete backup, including custom and non wordpress tables
* The export file is zipped, massively reducing the size of the file downloaded or emailed
* Ongoing backups by email on a weekly basis
- Upload the
lh-mysqldumpfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Optionally navigate to Tools->Export database to dowload the databse immmediately (exports will be done weekly via crooned email regardless).
Why did you write this plugin?
The existing options were overly complex, bloated, and lacked key functionality. I am a big believer in simple plugins that do one job well
Can you tell me more about the ongoing backup feature ?
Sure, on a weekly basis this plugin will export the databse to a zip file and email it to the admin email address. This is done in the backgound via cron. The email address that this backup is sent to can be filtered (see the code to do so)
Any caveats, or things I should be aware of?
This plugin may not work for very large large databases and/or very poor hosting. I run it on shared hosting, exporting a database which is over 70 mb and it works fine.
1.00 May 10, 2019
* Initial release