Use the WordPress Comment Blocklist feature to protect you from contact form spam submissions.
- Login to the dashboard and open Settings > Discussion.
- Scroll down to Comment Blocklist.
- Enter some bad words, phrases or weblinks that keep bugging you. Choose your blocklist wisely!
- Contact forms that contain any of these words cannot be submitted anymore and will show an error message.
- Optional: Modify the error message output in the Theme Customizer.
Spam emails are usually very annoying and affect work – and there is nothing funny about it. But did you know that the term Spam, referring to junk mail, was named after a famous Monty Python sketch?
- The Plugin development can be followed via GitHub <3
- We are happy to receive feature suggestions and pull requests: https://github.com/them-es/i-dont-like-spam
- Upload the Plugin to the
- Activate it through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Add a list of bad words, phrases or weblinks that should prevent form submissions to the Comment Blocklist.
以下人員參與了開源軟體〈I don't like Spam!〉的開發相關工作。參與者
- Code quality
- The option key changed after WordPress 5.5b3. Use option ‘disallowed_keys’ if WordPress version >=5.5 and implement recommended code snippet for backward compatibility.
- Use option ‘blocklist_keys’ if WordPress version >=5.5
- Improve pluginmissing_admin_notice()
- Compatibility with Caldera Forms
- “Racially neutral” terminology: Rename blacklist to blocklist where possible
- Compatibility with WPForms
- Minor changes to translation strings
- Initial Release
- Created a GitHub repository with all development sources