This plugin integrates Slack and WordPress.
By default, this plugin does nothing. It’s true.
Slack has many API intergrations, but hameslack uses 3 of them.
- Incoming Webhook to post to slack.
- Outgoing Webhook to get request from slack.
- Custom Bot to interact with slack.
- Sending Invitation to existing user(CAUTION: this is unofficial API usage).
Upper is easier. This plugin helps the connection between Slack and WordPress and you can concentrate on what you should do with slack.
Here is a list of use case of us on WordPress with many editors.
- Easy Post notification to slack if some post is awaiting review.
- Bit Difficult Post accesss summary to slack once a week, because my collegue doesn’t open Google Analytics.
- Very Difficult Convert slack conversation to single post and make interview post.
For more details, please read our Documentation. We have some samples.
How to Integrate
The simplest usage is post to slack. You can do like below:
do_action( 'hameslack', $text_to_post, $attachments, $channel );
Function is also available, but I prefer to use
do_action to avoid annoying
if ( function_exists('func_name')).
Everything works fine if you set properly.
From Plugin Repository
Click install and activate it.
Download and you can use it. Any pull requests are welcomed.
Enter API Key
As mentioned avobe, this plugin does nothing by default. Please read our Documentation.
If you have any request, please make issue on github.
- If gianism is enabled, you can log in with Slack account.
- Bugfix on REST API.
- Add invitation request feature.
- Add auto deploy.
- First release.