Typography on the web is very limiting. Luckily you have options when it comes to improving the fonts on your site. The Font Burner Control Panel plugin allows you to easily add any of the 1000+ free fonts available on the Font Burner website to your WordPress theme. Simply find a font you like and type it’s name into this plugin and your headlines will instantly be transformed! You don’t need to know how to use sifr, you don’t have to customize your theme. You don’t need Flash. Font Burner is the easiest way to bring rich typography into your WordPress theme.
– Version 1 introduces a big shift in how Font Burner functions. Rather than relying on the Font Burner servers which have gotten slow due to the high traffic from the popularity of this plugin, you now host the font files in your plugin folder. Be sure to back up your old version of this plugin before upgrading.
– Fixed underline problem
– Much of the code in this version has been rewritten with the goal of reducing the code footprint.
– The code is now more efficient and eliminates unnecessary code when options are set to “off”
– Code inserted into your site’s header is now cleaner and better formatted
– Verified compatibility with WordPress 2.8
– misc bug fixes
– Added the ability to change the underline setting for “hover”
– Added the ability to change the color of links
– Added the ability to change the color of the hover state of links
– Updated the help section
– fixed mistakes
– This is the first major update to the Font Burner Plugin. New features include:
1. The ability to change font color for H1, H2, H3 and H4 independently
2. The ability to specify alignment (right, left, center)
3. The ability to use different fonts for H1, H2, H3 and H4
4. Improved interface so it is more user-friendly
5. The addition of a “help” section
– added google analytics code
– Fixed bug that prevented plugin from being updated automatically through WordPress.
– Added screenshot
– removed styles in fontburner.css that were redundant and causing errors when headlines were “off.”
– Changed the plugin variable “Options” to something less likely to conflict with other plugins.
– Corrected part of documentation that said this plugins screen would appear under the “design” tab when it actually shows up under “settings.”
Installing Font Burner is very easy and do not require any template modification in most cases. Just follow these steps:
- Upload the folder ‘Font_Burner’ to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Under “settings” you will see a “Font Burner” link that you can click on to access the Font Burner Plugin settings. Follow the directions to add the font of your choice to your site.
Updating this plugin will not save your settings! Be sure to make note of your customizations, especially any css. If you upgrade and need to revert to the old settings try installing the previous version and you may be able to recover your old settings.
- How do I contact someone about this plugin?
Use the forum found at http://www.fontburner.com/forum/.
- Where do I find the code for the “Font Burner Code?”
Visit FontBurner.com and browse for the font you want to use. Toward the bottom of the page below the code block should be a line that says “WordPress Plugin Code.”