- Block EU website visitors automatically
- Reduce your European Union GDPR risk exposure
- Allow blocked users to submit Data Rights Requests (important, as you may already have captured data)
- Block traffic before loading Anlytics and other tags (important, as capturing IP in analytics counts as personal data)
- No personal data is stored for EU visitors – not even IP
- Analytics to show how many visitors have been blocked
- Optionally allow users to declare they’re not in the EU (minimising automated decisiion making compliance issues)
- Free for up to 25,000 monthly page views
How does it work?
* If a user is requesting the page from within the EU, our code will redircet them to our hosted, customisable block page. We host this page for you and don’t log EU IP addresses, making your compliance easier.
* If a user is outside of the EU, we simply log the visit and allow them to continue.
Our servers are customised to serve your bespoke content at high speed, and without logging EU visitor IP addresses or other personal data.
Is it GDPR compliant to block EU traffic?
We believe that there are pros and cons to the approach as we’ve written about in detail in our blog article on the subject. Ultimately the decision is yours, and you should seek the advice of a legal professional if you’re not sure.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to Settings > EziGDPR and enter your website code, taken from your EziGDPR account. Instructions for locating your website code are provided in the settings page.
- What do I need to get started?
You need an active EziGDPR account (free for websites under 25,000 monthly page views) with a website added to it. You then just need to unique website code provided.
- How much does it cost?
EziGDPR’s EU Visitor Blocker is free for websites that serve less than 25,000 page views per month (which is most websites). Beyond that amount, we offer a range of very cost-effective plans. Visit https://www.ezigdpr.com/pricing/eu-visitor-blocker for more information.
- First release of the plugin to integrate EziGDPR EU Visitor Blocker tags with WordPress installations.