Add a sitemap to your WordPress integrated Ecommerce Templates site. You can generate a new page on your site with a bulleted list of all your store and WordPress pages. You can also generate the sitemap.xml file for search engines. The plugin allows you to include or exclude the pages of your choice.
Please note, the ECT Sitemap plug-in is only available for Ecommerce Templates shopping cart software WordPress integration.
For more details, screenshots and information please visit Ecommerce Templates for WordPress.
- Simply generate the code for the Sitemap.
- Choose to show the sitemap on a page of your WordPress store and an xml file for search engines.
- Choice of which pages to include / exclude from the sitemap.
- Will work for all product, detail and category pages as well as general WordPress pages and posts.
The ECT Sitemap plug-in is only available for Ecommerce Templates shopping cart software WordPress integration.
View Demo Store
If you have any problems with generating the Sitemap please post your support questions here on the WordPress support forum. Any questions about the shopping cart or WordPress integration can be posted on the Ecommerce Templates support forum.
If you have a problem with the plug-in please don’t just give it a bad rating or review without seeking our help first.
- Unzip and upload the folder ‘ect-sitemap’ to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to Sitemap plugin admin page and choose if you want to exclude any pages, posts or products
- Go to “Pages” make a new page and call it something like sitemap.php and paste in the code [ECT_HTML_SITEMAP]
- Check the sitemap page and then if you need to upload the sitemap.xml file to your search engine tools account
- Can I use this plug-in with any shopping cart software or WordPress site?
This plug-in was set up to be used with Ecommerce Templates shopping cart software using the WordPress integration but it should work fine with any WordPress site.
- Will it generate an xml file for Google etc.?
Yes, it will, it is generated automatcially.
- Can I exclude products, posts and pages from the sitemap?
Yes, you can do that.
- Now allows for different URL patterns and space filler characters, September 2019
- Version change and URL fix January 11 2019.
- Version change and PHP 7.1 compatibility fix February 13 2018.
- Code fixes and version update. January 30th 2017.
- URL rendering fix. September 30th 2016.
- URL rendering fix. August, 18th 2016.
- URL rendering fix. July, 19th 2016.
- Static URL fix. May, 4th 2016.
- Fixed problem with category URLs. June, 11th 2015.
- Fixed problems with different products URLs. May, 29th 2015.
- Initial Release. April, 28th 2015.