After creating a channel at Dream Broker Studio, you can easily integrate it into your
WordPress site with this plugin. You can list the videos in your channel, add a category bar, and
customize list layout. You can also add social media buttons to ensure that your videos can be shared easily. To reduce network traffic, caching time of the feed can be modified.
- Upload ‘db-embed’ directory to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- On wp-admin page, click on DB Embed and modify settings to make plugin fit your purpose (Channel ID is the most important; point it to your Dream Broker channel you want to show on your site)
To embed a video from your Dream Broker channel to an article, add a shortcode
[db-video id=””], where is the id of the video
You can optionally add controls=”false”. Then the video controls do not show until video thumbnail is clicked.
To list a Dream Broker channel in an article, add a shortcode
- What if an embedded video is deleted at Dream Broker side but there is still a shortcode in an article?
The shortcode is ignored. No error messages are shown.
以下人員參與了開源軟體〈Dream Broker Embed〉的開發相關工作。參與者
將〈Dream Broker Embed〉外掛本地化為台灣繁體中文版
- Fixed a bug that caused an incorrect link below the default video
- Theme color can be modified
- “Direct link” and “Share by email” buttons
- More styled category bar
- Changed shortcode [video id=”xyz”] to [db-video id=”xyz”] (“video” still works)
- [db-video/video] shortcode takes an optional parameter “controls”. If controls=”false”, then the actual video player does not open (hence video controls are not shown) until a thumbnail image is clicked. This may improve mobile user experience.
- Added publish date under video title
- Bug fixes
- Layout improvements
- Small bug fixes