“Digg This O’ Mine” is a plugin that allows you to place the famous “Digg This” button at the end of your posts, pages, or anywhere at your choice. While it will run out of the box, it has several options that can be used to custom the button to fit your needs:
- Automatically add “Digg This” button to your posts (yes/no). Default is set to Yes.
- Automatically add “Digg This” button to your pages (yes/no). Default is set to Yes.
- Background color around the button. The option is provided with a handy color picker. Default is “#ffffff” (white)
- Skin of the button. Digg offers 2 skins: Default and Compact. Default is set to “Default” 😉
- Open the Digg link in a new window (yes/no). Default is set to No.
- Download and extract the plugin
- Upload the entire
digg-this-o-minefolder into to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- By default your posts and pages should now have a “Digg This” button at the end. If you want more power:
- Head to Settings -> Digg This O’ Mine and configure the options there
- I want to change the background color **inside** the button. How?
As Digg specifies here, only the background around the button is customizable. So until the folks at Digg change their mind, I don’t see how.
- I want to customize the margin/padding/style of the div that wraps the button. How?
The button is wrapped in a div with “dtom” class. So just add .dtom into your style.css and modify it.