Allows the user to insert a hook to WordPress and replace english version of the dates and translate them to their own language.
It uses a modular function that takes as input 3 arguments:
- Months (shorthand)
It then searches for the English versions and replaces them.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Array-ize the days
<?php $days = (Sunday, Monday, ...) ?>
- Repeat procedure for months and shorthand (Jan, Feb, …)
- Finalize by hooking
<?php qnt_date_translate($days,$months,$months_shorthand)?>– of course, replace array names with your own.
Examples at plugin GitHub page.
- Does the week begin with Sunday?
Yes. Please arrange the array so your week begins in Sunday and ends in Saturday.
- No shorthand for days?
There is no need, date formats take full day name and use shorthand for months.
- Fixed issue with date-translate not intercepting get_date()
- Allows translating by inserting the hook on functions.php