You can use the Custom Post Display plugin to display the contents of any custom post type in your WordPress site.
- Options to order by Post Title, Date and Menu Order
- Inclusion of Featured Image
- Customize number of posts displayed
- Specify number of characters for post excerpt
More information and a demo can be found at my site.
- Download and unzip the file.
- Upload the Custom Post Display folder in your WordPress plugins folder
- Log in to WordPress and go to Plugins
- Click on the Activate link for Custom Post Display.
- Go to Appearance > Widgets and add the Custom Post Display widget to your sidebar.
- Can I use this widget for Posts and Pages?
Yes, you have the option to choose Posts or Pages when you choose a custom post type. You can actually just use this widget to display recent posts or pages.
- Can I choose which posts to feature?
Yes, if you have the Page Attributes box enabled for your custom post type (or Post/Page), when you edit that post, just enter a number in the Order box.
Number your posts according to the order you want them to appear, then, in the Widget options, just choose ‘Menu Order’ in the ‘Sort By’ field and choose your Sort order.
以下人員參與了開源軟體〈Custom Post Display〉的開發相關工作。參與者
- Replaced deprecated WP Widgets construct
- Added option for thumbnail alignment
- Fixed issue with missing word trimmer function
- Initial release