Thanks to Taxonomy_Single_Term, a library created by WebDevStudios, it made my work much easier on creating this plugin.
With Categories Metabox Enhanced, you can:
- Change the built-in Categories metabox/panel to a single term UI, which means replacing the checkboxes with radio buttons or a select drop-down.
- Apply the single term UI to other hierarchical taxonomies in the plugin’s Settings page.
- Customized the single term UI by setting these options:
- Priority and position of the metabox placement.
- Title of the metabox.
- If child-terms should be indenting.
- If adding of new terms from the metabox is enable.
- Upload the
category-metabox-enhanceddirectory to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
2020 年 9 月 4 日
This plugin is perfect it saves me to create a CMS because of enforcing select only one category every post! . . Thanks, Author :))
2019 年 2 月 14 日 1 則留言
Clever solution IMHO that this plugin simply replaces the default meta boxes with its own. Unfortunately in WP 5 Gutenberg the default category / taxonomy meta boxes still are visible.
2018 年 5 月 11 日
This plugin is easy to use and just works 🙂 Replace checkboxes for radios! FTW
2018 年 3 月 21 日
Works on WordPress 4.9.4
2018 年 1 月 15 日 1 則留言
I've used this plugin on multiple sites for years. It works great and keeps editors from placing things in multiple categories. Although I understand that not everyone uses categories the same way, it feel like WordPress should have a setting that forces categories to be one per post. In my use, tags are better suited when you have a variety of ways you want to classify a post. It would be nice to be able to specify a default category, though.
2017 年 7 月 29 日 1 則留言
This should be in core! Thanks for your work!
以下人員參與了開源軟體〈Categories Metabox Enhanced〉的開發相關工作。參與者
將〈Categories Metabox Enhanced〉外掛本地化為台灣繁體中文版
- Update the Taxonomy_Single_Term library and some cosmetic fixes.
- Support the single term UI in Gutenberg sidebar Categories/Taxonomies panels.
- Remove git submodule from this plugin.
- Indent the child-terms in select options.
- Remove unused CSS and JS files.
- The first version.