BP Local Avatars is a BuddyPress plugin.
Do you have members or groups on your BuddyPress site who do not have an Avatar?
And you do not want to show the generic default avatar?
Or maybe you do not want each page view to include a lot of calls to gravatar.com to load avatars?
- This plugin will create a Gravatar Identicon avatar, thumb and full versions, for any user who does not already have an Avatar, and save it locally.
- Supports user creation, user registration, user login, and Bulk Generation for user and groups.
- Uses the existing BuddyPress avatar directory structure.
- Conforms to the defined sizes for BuddyPress thumb and full avatars.
- Users can still upload an avatar via their profile.
- Groups can still upload an avatar via Group > Manage > Photo.
Provides an option in wp-admin under:
Settings -> Discussion > Default Avatar > BuddyPress Identicon (Generated and Stored Locally).
Select and Save. Otherwise this plugin will not do anything.
After saving, you will see a link to ‘Bulk Generate’ avatars for all users and groups who do not have a local avatar. If a user already has their own Gravatar, it will save it locally.
For more BuddyPress plugins, please visit PhiloPress
Unzip and then upload the ‘bp-local-avatars’ folder to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
Go to Settings -> Discussion and scroll down to ‘Default Avatar’. Select and Save the option called ‘BuddyPress Identicon (Generated and Stored Locally)’.
Does it support Monsterid and Wavatar?
Yes, but it defaults to Identicon.
You can change the type of avatar created by adjusting the calls in ‘public function create()’
Are there any server requirements?
Just this: requires that ‘allow_url_fopen’ is set to true. Which is the default setting on most servers.
以下人員參與了開源軟體〈BP Local Avatars〉的開發相關工作。參與者
Tested with WP 5.4
Now generates avatars if a dir exists but is empty
Bug that caused broken avatars on comments by anonymous users – Fixed
Tested with WP 4.7 and BP 2.7.2
Updated call to gravatar.com to conform with new request format.
Tested in WP 4.3
Add admin notice after avatars are generated
Tweak for icon in Settings > Discussion > Default Avatar option
Tested with WP 4.2, adds check for BP, on deactivation will reset default avatar to Mystery
Added support for Group avatars
Tested with WP 4.1.1
- remove global
- readme spelling
- Initial release