Enables WordPress to allow attachments to have their own permalink structure. This makes the URLs more friendly and great for SEO results should you decide to index your attachments.
You can also edit the permalink slug of an indvidual attachment which you can not do via “Quick Edit” like other post types. Changing the attachment title does not update the permalink slug so this handy to have should you want to rename the URL for the attachment.
How to edit an attachment slug
Simply go to the media library and edit the item you wish to rename. Then on the left side under “Attachment Slug” you can rename the slug. Press the “Update” button and that’s it.
If you would like to translate the plugin, you can do so via Transifex.
Contribute on GitHub
Please Leave a Review
Your ratings make a big difference. If you like Attachment Slug, please consider spending a minute or two leaving a review and tell me what you think about the plugin.
Installing “Attachment Slug” can be done either by searching for “Attachment Slug” via the “Plugins > Add New” screen in your WordPress dashboard, or by using the following steps:
- Download the plugin via WordPress.org
- Upload the ZIP file through the ‘Plugins > Add New > Upload’ screen in your WordPress dashboard.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
Setting up the Plugin
Simply go to “Settings -> Permalinks” page and then at the bottom configure the attachment permalink to your liking and press “Save Changes”. That’s it!
Automatic updates should work like a charm; as always though, ensure you backup your site just in case.
以下人員參與了開源軟體〈Attachment Slugs for WordPress〉的開發相關工作。參與者
v1.0.1 – 16th February 2019
- New: Ready for WordPress 5.1 release. 🎊
v1.0.0 – 3rd December 2018
- New: Attachments can edit their own permalink slug. 🎉
- Checked: Compaitbility with WordPress 5.0
- Improved: The main file has been re-written.
Now requires WordPress version 4.4.0 or higher.
v0.0.2 – 16th November 2017
- FIXED: Attachment base option when saving the permalinks.
- FIXED: Undefined variable in permalink-settings.php
- RENAMED: Plugin name for better SEO results.
v0.0.1 – 27th February 2016
- Initial Version.