TikTok is one of the most trending applications in today's world of internet buzz as people from different age groups and interests prefer to spend time switching short videos every now and then. Be it the moment of passing time or exploring some cool stuff, TikTok is definitely leading the talk among the Gen-X, Y, Z. Mostly dominated by the young folks, this platform is a perfect time-killer for people of all ages to explore the potential of user-generated content.
TikTok can become a powerful tool for the brands to promote their products smartly through short-span videos by emphasizing the use of smart and user-oriented content. It has the capability to influence the youth by targeting their interests.
This Tiktok Pixel plugin (For TikTok ads) allows you to install your Tiktok pixel properly (between \<head\> \</head\>) on your website to track conversion from your audiences.
- Enable Tiktok Pixel
- Add your Tiktok Pixel ID
- Click "Save changes"
- Done !
Pro version allows you to add this pixel properly on Woocommerce pages (Products, add to cart, checkout, …)
Also, you have access to a “dev” mode allowing to copy-paste the entire code, including specific events and a META BOX to add strategically Tiktok Event scripts on specific pages.
Once done, you can use TikTok Pixel Helper (Chrome extension) to check if your landing page is installed correctly and if the conversion event is triggered. If the pixel is installed correctly, it will show the Pixel name and the number of the created conversions under it.
Please refer to TikTok guidelines for more details about TikTok ads.
ABOUT TIKTOK ADVERTISING
TikTok app enjoyed over 1.1 billion installs as at March 2019. Users downloaded it more than 660 million times in 2018 alone, with a further 188 million downloads during Q1 2019. More than 500 million people globally use TikTok each month.
ARE TIKTOK ADS RIGHT FOR YOUR BUSINESS?
TikTok is probably the next Snapchat or Instagram. Indeed, research indicates that around two-thirds of TikTok users/followers are under 30 years old. We'd normally expect to find the under-30 demographic on Instagram or Snapchat.
TikTok presents an enormous opportunity to advertisers. Not only has TikTok surpassed Twitter and Snapchat in popularity but it's also less saturated with ads than its older counterparts. The visual app—which allows users to edit and share 15-second videos with built-in filters, effects, and music—has truly shaken up the marketing world with its unprecedented virality.
In early 2019, the app launched a beta version of its ads offering. Since then, big names like Grubhub, Nike, Fenty Beauty, and Apple Music have used TikTok ads to promote products in unique, visually compelling campaigns. With advanced targeting and unique ad creation features, the TikTok Ads platform is unlike many of its predecessors. When used effectively, it can help you tap into one of the most lucrative pools of users.
HOW CAN BRANDS USE TIKTOK?
There are three main ways that brands can market on TikTok:
- They can create their own channel and upload relevant videos through their channel
- They can work with influencers, to spread content to a broader audience
- They can pay to advertise on Tiktok.
No need to say that TikTok Videos are an enormous opportunity for advertisers to market their products and services to the young generation. As the platform hosts millions of young people worldwide, it opens the door for the marketers to creatively reach out to the new world of influencers.
SO WHAT IS THERE TO KNOW ABOUT TIKTOK'S CURRENT AD PRODUCTS?
The TikTok is gradually rolling out new updates to support a wide range of TikTok advertising formats on its platform to offer a great advantage to marketers as well as audiences who tend to come to the platform to socio-entertain themselves.
For the moment, there is currently only one ad unit: the standard in-feed video ad. Given TikTok is a feed of short video clips, this format makes the most sense, as the platform introduces its user base to ads in-feed.
With these in-feed video ads, there are three action models:
- Cost Per View : The cost per view model will require advertisers to pay when users view their ad. It is limited to 6 seconds time frame.
- Cost Per Impression (CPM): This model will require advertisers to pay when their ads appear on the Tik-Tok feed.
- Cost Per Click : This is the more opted approach for advertisers as they will be only charged once the user clicks on their ad.
For targeting, TikTok ads offers age, gender, and state-level geo-targeting, and the company has also promised interest, behavioral, more granular demo targeting over time. This ad appears instantly when a user opens the app, bringing your message front and center. You can then drive users to an internal or external destination.
You can also create custom audiences, such as CRM lists, and you can white list or blacklist the audiences.
WHAT ARE THE OPTIONS WITHIN TIKTOK ADVERTISING?
Currently, TikTok's commercial platform is only available in beta mode for select companies. However, the self-serve ads will be accessible to all shortly. When this happens, companies will have six options to choose from:
- Hashtag Challenge
- Brand Takeover
- In-feed native video
- Top View
- Branded Lenses / Effect
- Custom Influencer
- Unzip all files to the
- Log into WordPress admin and activate the ‘Tiktok Pixel’ plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu
- Go to “Settings > Tiktok Pixel” in the left-hand menu to start work on it.
- Initial release.
- Fixed some styling issues
- 📦 NEW: Step 2 for TikTok Video Feed
- 🐛 FIX: Multiple undefined veriable notices inside PHP log.
- 👌 IMPROVE: Updated freemius to latest version 2.3.2
- 🐛 FIX: Update TikTok Script code to newer version
- 👌 IMPROVE: Updated freemius to latest version 2.4.0
- 👌 IMPROVE: Updated freemius to latest version 2.4.1
- 🔥 NEW: Meta Tags for SEO promotion
- 🐛 FIX: Update TikTok Script code to newer version
- 🔥 NEW: Deveopler Mode for adding custom code (Pro version only)
- 🔥 NEW: 21 languages added
- 👌 IMPROVE: Updated freemius to latest version 2.4.2
- 🔥 NEW: Floating Button for TikTok Promotion
- 🐛 FIX: Added nonce for post request, fixed stable tag, escaped echo
- 🐛 FIX: Styling, Text and some issues.
- 👌 IMPROVE: New refactored code with many improvements
- 🐛 FIX: Several bugs and issues
- 🐛 FIX: Setting links and few others bug
- 👌 IMPROVE: Top level settings page
- 👌 IMPROVE: New Tiktok Booster add-on integration
- 🐛 FIX: Security issue
- 🐛 FIX: Tracking ID Bug (if Woocommerce is active).
- 👌 IMPROVE: Tiktok Booster notifiction