A plugin to define acronyms in pages, posts and comments using
<abbr> mark-up. Defined acronyms are underlined, and the definition appears as a tool-tip if the cursor is placed over the acronym. The list of acronyms is managed through an Admin interface.
This plugin is based on Chris Cox’s Acronyms-2, which was itself based on Joel Bennett’s Acronym Replacer plugin (http://www.huddledmasses.org/), ported to Nucleus CMS by Joel Pan as the NP_Acronym plugin and now ported back to WordPress.
- Download the zip file
- Extract folder acronym-manager
- Upload acronym-manager folder to wp-content/plugins directory
- Log in to your WordPress blog
- Click on “Plugins”
- Locate the “Acronym Manager” plugin and click “Activate”
- Go to “Tools” > “Acronym Manager” to modify your list of acronyms
- First version, basically just the Acronyms-2 plugin with some convenient features added:
- A shortcode for adding a glossary page to your site
- Defined mark-up and an input box on the admin page for adding acronyms in bulk
- An export function that can be used in conjunction with the bulk import to transfer acronym collections from one site to another
- When adding an acronym that is already in your collection, the acronym definition textbox will be auto-filled with this previous definition so that you can decide if you want to overwrite it or append the new acronym definition
- A simple widget for adding acronyms to the collection quickly