Displays ACF field instructions as tooltips using only CSS.
The instruction text for ACF fields is useful, but creates visual clutter in the WordPress interface when there is a lot of instructional text. Thomas Meyer has created a great plugin to address this issue with his ACF Tooltip Plugin. However, when using this plugin on implementations that have a large number of ACF fields, I have seen that performance drops and load-time of the WP Dashboard increases.
This is an initial version, so please contact me if you find any issues while using the plugin. Happy developing!
- Has this plugin been tested with the Advanced Custom Fields plugin?
Yes. ACF Simple Tooltip should work with the latest version of Advanced Custom Fields.
- What do I need to do to get this to work on my WordPress installation?
Simply install the plugin and activate it. No additional settings required.
- What about support?
Please submit a support ticket at WordPress forum.
以下人員參與了開源軟體〈ACF Simple Tooltip〉的開發相關工作。參與者
- Initial release. Creates tooltip for instruction text on all post.php and post-new.php pages, except for the ACF Field Groups pages (New or Edit).
- Updated CSS to fix a bug where br tags were showing when the tooltip was hidden.
- Updated CSS to allow for custom CSS within tooltip description.